Hi, I'm Austen Granger. I'm a chef and CCM Ambassador, and I spend every waking and dreaming moment thinking about food and cooking. When I'm not feeding the entire Traeger Grills team at their headquarters in Salt Lake City, I'm in my home kitchen getting creative with any ingredients I have at my disposal.
This week I used the a few different cuts of Carter Country beef from my Big Horn Box to whip up some Kabobs with my favorite Chimichurri sauce for garnish.
CARTER COUNTRY BEEF KABOBS WITH CHIMICHURRI
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pound Carter Country beef of choice
- 2 red onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 2 pounds cremini mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bamboo or metal skewers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut Beef into 1-inch chunks
- Cut onion and peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Slice zucchini and squash into coins.
- Place meat and vegetables into a mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt a pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
- Thread meat and vegetables in desired order onto bamboo or metal skewers.
- Combine all ingredients for chimichurri sauce in a medium sized bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Get your Charcoal, gas or pellet grill to its highest possible heat.
- Place kabobs on grill grate and cook for 15 minutes turning once halfway through cooking.
- Remove from grill and serve with Chimichurri sauce and sides of choice.
Share your culinary prowess with us!
Tag us on Instagram: @cartercountrymeats