Have some left over steak from your last barbecue? Try out this recipe from CCM Ambassador and Traeger Corporate Chef, Austen Granger.
- Leftover carter country tri tip
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Half bottle carter country meats bone broth
- 4 pretzel buns or hoagie rolls
- Prepared Horseradish sandwich sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Chive’s for garnish
- 1 cupwell-drained prepared horseradish
- ½ cupsour cream
- ½ cupmayonnaise
- 2 tablespoonsfresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoonkosher salt
- ¼ teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoonsWorcestershire sauce
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- Take leftover tri tip out of fridge and slice as thin as possible.
- Add all ingredients for sauce in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Place in fridge to chill.
- In a medium pot, bring bone broth to a boil. Add black pepper and salt to taste, turn heat down to medium and simmer.
- Slice buns or rolls and toast under broiler on high until browned. Keep broiler on.
- Add sliced tri tip to simmering pot of broth for 1 minute. Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon, tongs or spider strainer. Reserve broth and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter to broth and whisk to combine.
- Place buns on a baking sheet and evenly distribute roast beef between 4 bottom buns.
- Add 2 slices of provolone cheese to each over meat and place pan under broiler.
- Broil until cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown. Remove from oven.
- Spread horseradish sauce on top bun.
- Split broth into 4 bowls and garnish with chives.
- Serve with sides of choice and a bowl of broth.
Share your culinary prowess with us!
Tag us on Instagram: @cartercountrymeats